Presentation as a registered nurse

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by Msnurse, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Msnurse

Msnurse Swinger

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the 7 minute presentation that you have to give after selection.
    As in what the presentation involves and what topics have to be covered in it

I am currently a prospective nursing student looking to pursue a career in the army. And have researched and found that there are many routes into the army as a nurse. However I am not sure which one I will take...

Any help app appreciated!
    :thumright:

2. Sundog

Sundog Old-Salt

Think to the future. Even if you sign on for ever, you'll spend more time working in civvy st than you will in green (grey). So if you're offered a commission then go for it - in fact push for it even if you're not offered it. It'll stand you in good stead when you get smashed and forced into retirement.

As for presentations, pick someone who has inspired you in the past. Preferably not a public figure. Then do a presentation about them. Because they're not a public figure, they'll not know if you're bluffing or not. Just a thought........

Good luck.

3. Msnurse

Msnurse Swinger

Thanks for the help!

Sorry to be a pain but would it be better if I went down the officer route instead of just being a nurse soldier?
    > just as a registered nurse you can do the PQO course and have a better ranking?

4. David Powell

David Powell Old-Salt

I would phone your nearest DCMH and chat.
    Im sure they would be happy to talk