Payday

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bryan5612, Nov 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bryan5612

bryan5612 Swinger

Why is it german accounts are paid today?
    When do UK accounts get paid this month as the last working day is a monday, do accounts get credited on sunday nights?
  2. CAARPS

CAARPS LE

Why is it someone asks this bloody question almost every month :roll:
  3. Eagle45

Eagle45 Swinger

So they can make arrangements to be first in the queue at the cashpoint come 5 to midnight on Sunday night, I reckon.

Have you not thought about asking your German bank why money has gone into your account? Only, I'd make the assumption that they would have more of an idea than a faceless bunch on an internet forum.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
  4. No idea why, but German Accounts are credited roughly 5 working days prior to the end of the month.

Is it a good thing, or a bad thing - make up your own mind

You are right though, this question gets asked every month 8O
  5. Army_Rizzle

Army_Rizzle War Hero

WE GET PAID ON THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!

Is it realy that hard, as this month it falls on a monday makes no diffrence whatsoever.
  6. spaz

spaz LE

Except at Christmas when you get paid a week early, so you can have a good time on leave.
  7. danny842003

danny842003 War Hero

Do we?? I don't remember that ever happening? I thought it would be in this Friday this month. Could be wrong but i think it is.
  8. spaz

spaz LE

Gen up!!!
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE

Eh?

Never happened to me. Do you have "Special Arrangements" up at Glasgow or something? :D
  10. Horridlittleman

Horridlittleman LE

It's great isn't it. Every month it's the last working day and then if you haven't upset your chain of command or clerks you get paid early for christmas.
  11. The_Snail

The_Snail LE

It's true.

Also if you finish work at lunch time on Friday (which is your last working day of the month), the money should be in by 1400hrs.

All gen.
  12. did you know..........

those personnel who have allotments that go directly into German Bank Accounts are actually loosing money, to maximise your cash you should have it all paid into a UK acct, then electronically transfer cash to ur German acct.
  13. paywog

paywog LE

Is the FFR not still 1.17??
  14. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Old-Salt

FFR now 1.10, but you would still struggle to get this on a bank transfer from a UK bank so still better off having your allotment paid in Euros

As for pay day:

In the UK it is the last working day of the month regardless of whether it is Xmas or any other special occasion - so this month UK pay will go in on Mon 30 Nov

For allotments in Germany pay usually goes in on about 24th of each month. Other country allotments are usually about a week before the UK as well. This is to ensure that we are paid before the end of the month: easy to guarantee (most of the time) in the UK with our BACS system; but not so easy overseas hence early transfer from UK and usually early payment into your account.
  15. fack off slug - i know the ginger one upstairs from you knows more about pay than you do and it knows the square route of fack all. You have been going round all the male S02's noshing them off so you never have to touch pay - now thats what I call gen!