Para Reg Tattoos

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Dillon76, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillon76

Dillon76

Can any Para Reg blokes out there clarify this for me.

Im having a debate with a bloke from work, who is adamant that Paras who get the capbadge tattoo only ever get it on their right arm. I disagree with this and think it can be on any arm.

Ive seen one picture of a bloke with wings tattooed on his right arm and the capbadge on the left, but other than that any pictures I can find all show it tattooed on the right arm.!!

Thanks

Dillon

2. londonirish

londonirish LE

Ross Kemp, the actor, has his transfer, sorry tattoo, sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right, so it must be ok to have it on either. Surely the BBC always gets these things right. There's you answer :)

3. Private_Pike

Private_Pike LE

Pte. Pete Golden, the famous ARRSE icon and cassanova had his on his manly chest :wink:

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Either upper arm, chest, lower arms....just about anywhere really!

Better yet, Fallschirmjaeger across the back or the "Lost Tribe" totem pole!

5. Fallschirmjager

Fallschirmjager LE

I'd say 80% of blokes (who have the tattoo) have the capbadge on their right arm. The other 20% on the left arm, forearm or chest. The "Lost Tribe" totem pole is a cracking tattoo!

6. billyruffian

billyruffian Old-Salt

It used to depend on how pished you were ( this back in Jaguar Jacks Day)

7. the_matelot

the_matelot LE

I know of a jock para who had a cannabis leaf tat done on his arm when he was pished!!

8. Spenny

Spenny War Hero

Never seen the "Lost Tribe" Totem Pole tattoo before. Fallschirmjager, I dont suppose you have a picture of it by any chance?

One of the Staff on my P Coy had AIRBORNE accross his shoulder blades in a kind of "Ye Olde English" style of writing - very smart!!

9. Birdy

Birdy Old-Salt

From what I've seen it's usually the top of the right arm.

10. kennys-go-nad

kennys-go-nad LE

I was told that Mr O Reed had a tattoo on the tip of his penis in the form of a Pegasus. when he was PFA

11. My best mate (ex-1 Para) had his wings done on his right arm, in the position the wings would be if wearing uniform.

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE

Slightly off topic but reference the late, great Mr Reed, he was interviewed on a moronic european-style programme called The Big E in the early nineties.

13. Ronnie8781

Ronnie8781 LE

I rermeber a Canadian guy a few years ago in 2 Para having the totem pole spanning his back looked fantastic!!

14. Spenny

Spenny War Hero

Does anyone know where I can see a picture of "The Lost Tribe" Totem Pole Tattoo? Id be interested to see what it looks like (yes I know it looks like a totem pole before someone makes a smart arrse comment.)

Cheers

Spenny

15. Dillon76

Dillon76

Thank you. The general opinion seems to be that you can have the capbadge tatoo anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.