Not so local accents?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by postman_twit, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yoe carr gew arand spaykein stuf like that !!

Most on us ave had a bostin education in Brummagem and prefer the qwaynes english.

oroighte aer kid - terrar a bit

2. Fat_Cav

Fat_Cav LE

Feck me, the whole QOH spoke like that. Sounded like one big permanent Jasper Carrot concert.
    Confused? Yow am.

3. sfub

sfub

Janners. Now there accent is something else. Rises at the end of a statement, so it sounds like a question? About 20 years ago, I was at The Citadel and a mate ended up in Derriford Hospital, so I borrowed a bike to go and visit him. Not knowing the area, I stopped and asked a local for directions..
    The locals reply was..

"You goan to the hospito? Well if you're on your psycho, you go on the psychopath"

Dunno what the rest of the directions were, I was too busy laughing at him.

4. auscam

auscam

Jesus Christ-all-bloody-mighty; here I was hoping (in an anguished sort of way) that that linguistic abomination was limited to the more genocide-ready parts of Australia. Hoping that we might, one day, be able to exterminate its perpetrators and get away with it.

And you tell me that it's escaped? We're doomed. Slaughter will avail us nothing now.

The Universal Interrogative is unleashed upon a defenceless world. Fucking hell.

5. duckula

duckula LE

Whoa, W, W, W Wow Whoa. Hold on there tubster, there was fook all wrong with the way we spoke. Nor was it any disgrace to have Red Red Wine as the Regimental march.

6. Crunchie

Crunchie War Hero

Aye as a NE lad i cu neva keepa strayt face win gettun rifted by yauld Freddie :D actually a really nice blerk