NI RoE Cards

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by surfer2169, Aug 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. surfer2169

surfer2169 Old-Salt

I was wondering if anyone could help me out; Im looking for a copy of the RoE cards used in NI during the troubles- if anybody knows where i might find a copy, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. I you want to waste £8 : Waltbay

I would think there would be a Arrser on here who would have one you could have for a suitable H4H donation rather than paying a ebay fleecer for a fake.

3. The_Snail

The_Snail LE

They'd have to go through my diffies room first.

4. filthyphil

filthyphil LE

But the bloke says it was used by THEM! Eight quid has got to be the bargain of the century!

5. rickshaw-major

rickshaw-major LE

I must get this immediately - is this the same THEM who were at Checkpoint Chunkie in Lisburn? :D

6. surfer2169

surfer2169 Old-Salt

Cheers BRL, I might have a look- if you did know anyone who'd be up for the H4H thing instead though, I'd more than happily go for that one; if I'm going to be spending 8 quid, I'd rather it go somewhere worth it, rather than lining the pockets of one of the 100k them from the embassy :p

7. lippy

lippy Clanker

"RARE SAS ISSUE N.IRELAND 1970'S YELLOW CARD"

WERNT THESE ISSUED TO ALL TROOPS??

before you engage the bad guys take a moment to read your yellow card to make sure you can shoot him..

8. blutone

blutone

every man had a yellow card....an they deffo aint worth 8 squid!!!

9. surfer2169

surfer2169 Old-Salt

Yeah, i know- I wasnt there personally, Im just planning to use them as a training aid. Im not sure I do fancy shelling out 800 of HM shiny pennies for them :|

10. Canader

Canader War Hero

Fortunately, I've kept a copy of 2 PARA's ROE. Doesn't specify the use of low slung hand guns, but I'm sure you get the picture:

GUIDANCE FOR LETTING RIP FOR AIRBORNE PERSONNEL AUTHORISED TO BE TOOLED UP AND LOOKING HARD WITH MORE WEAPONS AND AMMO THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT.

GENERAL GUIDANCE
    1. These ROE do not affect your general right to be well hard and kick off. However, in all situations you are to use MFV (Maximum F**king Violence).

FIREARMS MUST BE USED IF A SEVERE KICKING DOESN’T GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS

2. Your weapon must always be of the largest calibre available. That is, Rifle 5.56mm is okay, but the General is definitely the business and as for 50cal – enough said. In the case of automatic weapons belt ammo is well ally. L96 is also recommended as it makes you look like a cold blooded murdering psycho.

CHALLENGING
    3. Warn the c**t he is about to get the good news unless:

a. He was asking for it anyway;
    OR
    b. To do so would make you look like a w**ker in front of your mates.
    4. You are to challenge by shouting:

“OI YA HAT C**T GET SOME OF THIS!”
    or words to that effect.

USE OF LETHAL FORCE

PROTECTION OF THE BLOKES
    5. You may brass the f**ker up if he/she is about to p**s you off or commit an act likely to make yourself and the rest of the Regiment look not as hard it should be.

OPENING FIRE
    6. When you open fire you are to:

a. Brass up the entire f**king area;
    AND
    b. Get the General up as quickly as possible and give it big licks;
    AND
    c. Look well f**king tasty throughout.

PROTECTION OF PROPERTY
    7. Bo**ocks to that if – if it looks Gucci, nick it.