Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

News story: Defenders of Camp Bastion recognised in Operational Honours List

If you were involved in BSN before the Raf Regt it was 30% the size it is now, with an air flow rate of less than 5%. Don't talk crap. BTW, it was when AOC 2 Gp saw what was actually being done by the Army that things changed.

And when AOC 2 Gp saw how the smelly old pongoes were doing things, he made the excellent decision to swap them for his magnificent boys in blue. Hoorah for the Royal Air Force! Bravo! And they definitely haven't been ****ing things up ever since have they?
On a stopover in Bastion not so long back I happened upon a SASRAF dude sat in the back of his vehicle, oakleys on, arm draped over the GPMG, bungee wrapped 4 times around the link and the ammo box it sat in! (Not the first time I'd seen that either)
That particular douche would have got 1 solitary round off, if at all. ****ing heroes one and all!

And when AOC 2 Gp saw how the smelly old pongoes were doing things, he made the excellent decision to swap them for his magnificent boys in blue. Hoorah for the Royal Air Force! Bravo! And they definitely haven't been ****ing things up ever since have they?
On a stopover in Bastion not so long back I happened upon a SASRAF dude sat in the back of his vehicle, oakleys on, arm draped over the GPMG, bungee wrapped 4 times around the link and the ammo box it sat in! (Not the first time I'd seen that either)
That particular douche would have got 1 solitary round off, if at all. ****ing heroes one and all!
He's just emulating his colleagues-in-arms from Op Banner, the Puma Door-slider.

One would imagine that in Bastion between patrols he wasn't expecting to fire any.

While we're at it, how was an RAF Regt sniper shot in the chest outside BSN? That's pretty hard to achieve when wearing Osprey...

One would imagine that in Bastion between patrols he wasn't expecting to fire any.

One would imagine that a steely eyed dealer of death making up part of the thin blue line as the only protection between thousands of NATO personnel and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of helicopters and fast air and roving bands of enemy up to 15 strong should probably be prepared at all times?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

One would imagine that a steely eyed dealer of death making up part of the thin blue line as the only protection between thousands of NATO personnel and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of helicopters and fast air and roving bands of enemy up to 15 strong should probably be prepared at all times?

Give him a break, He was probably just having a smoke break before a quick ND

Shall we discuss the concept of defence in depth, which seems to be unfamiliar to the RAF Regt? Gladly This was, of course, the reason that they were cutting around in Jackal in the Dashte as they are there to do, because that is where the aircraft operate but they seem to have failed catastrophically to carry out the task set the set task in the particular case being to man guard towers, responsibility for which lied with JFSp, and which they signally failed to do. It is interesting that the depth role was removed from the RAF following the incident and was handed over to the Army not true, an army unit was tasked to reinforce (TACOM the RAF Regt) but has since been removed following the upping to the RAF Regt task force. Since then, the following incidents have occurred:

1. INS OPs found dug in in the RAF AO. Can't speak to this, but sounds feasible. Of course, you have chosen to present this as though they had been there for months and not noticed (if that was the case, have a word with the AO owners - the USMC). If the British Army was so good that it prempted every recce/attack the good folk of Wooten Basset could have carrried on with their lives unhindered for last few years. But let's not let objective assessment enter into it
2. RAF Jackals spotted parked on top of a hill (!) What do you know about SAMPRAS/TESSERAL/C-SAFIRE? Not much it would seem. with the crews sporting RAB jackets but no Osprey. Can't speak to this, but if true then wrong.
3. The discovery that the RAF had generated zero white forces picture in the last two years, despite that being arguably their primary responsibility. Also not true, and on this my knowledge extends considerably further than yours. Again, were this to be a systemic failure speak to the battlespace owners (USMC) who, depending on the unit concerned, will apply a greater/lesser degree of FoA/M.

At least when the PARAs try to be 'ally', they combine it with ruthless professionalism. Dressing up like an SF unit while doing a worse job than most OTCs could manage just makes you look like a joke.

Can anyone confirm the rumours that the majority of the RAF casualties were sustained in their rather significant blue-on-blue incident? What blue-on-blue incident? I have a detailed knowledge of the event (although not there in person). Perhaps this is also the one where the so-called and much-fabled OSPREY incident took place?

I get that the RAF Regt won't be popular on here and should expect to take some stick, but when total and utter bullshit is added to wilfull misrepresentation, total ignorance and a total lack of objectivity anf paraded as 'fact' then you just confirm the opinion many have (amongst them the other Services and so, it would seem, a number of senior politicians, that the Army is nothing but fuss and bluster with an over-inflated sense of its own abilities. I can reel off some total ****ing horror stories of Army performance that I have direct and personal experience of, and which would horrify most poster on here (at least the real members of HMF); you aren't anywhere near as good as you seem to think you are.

I get that the RAF Regt won't be popular on here and should expect to take some stick, but when total and utter bullshit is added to wilfull misrepresentation, total ignorance and a total lack of objectivity anf paraded as 'fact' then you just confirm the opinion many have (amongst them the other Services and so, it would seem, a number of senior politicians, that the Army is nothing but fuss and bluster with an over-inflated sense of its own abilities. I can reel off some total ****ing horror stories of Army performance that I have direct and personal experience of, and which would horrify most poster on here (at least the real members of HMF); you aren't anywhere near as good as you seem to think you are.

Feel better? Bottom lip back from its wobble? Anyway, get back to the NAAFI the queue wont guard itself theres a good chap

Which rather forces me to request that you do. With due regard to Sy, please make the examples as verifiable as possible so that critical assessment may be made.

Your post is eagerly awaited.

Funny that, most people would say your last paragraph describes the RAF Regiment down to a tee.

You may think that the Army (as a whole no less, what a sweeping remark) is not as good as it seems, but in my experience the respect garnered from your peers and fellow professionals is always the best mark on whether your doing your job correctly or are considered an effective force within your job description.

Your reputation amongst the Army and the infantry in perticular lies somewhere lower than snake shit.

Edited to add this is in reply to Alamo, wasn't expecting to be beaten to the mark.