News story: Defenders of Camp Bastion recognised in Operational Honours List

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MoD_RSS

MoD_RSS LE

2. .
    Sweet Lord, they'll be living off this battle for years. Every RAF Regt bloke you speak to will have been there.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Davetheclown

Davetheclown

I was the fourth man on the barrier, ffs. Another thing for the RAF to justify its existence, how many enemy aircraft have they shot down since the second world war? errr think its ONE.
  4. sunnoficarus

sunnoficarus LE

Don't be such a cynic - people were rudely awakened.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

did it have a balcony then?

I'd have thought they would have got the forlorn hope badge for storming the breach
  6. beefer

beefer War Hero

Sergeant Geddes’ citation reads:

Geddes prevented his position from being overrun until the arrival of reinforcements, and ensured that the casualties were extracted to safety.
    He provided invaluable situational awareness of enemy dispositions, and insisted on leading the assaulting troops to the enemy position, immediately finding himself back in the thick of the action, directing and guiding his men in pressing home the attack.

At first light, when the airfield had been secured, Geddes was extracted for medical attention - pausing only to shoot **** out of his body armour - but only because he was ordered to.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Kybosh

Kybosh War Hero

8. ADBO

ADBO War Hero

Never mind "I was in the balcony" it'll be "I was second in the tent"!! Joking aside, well done to one and all. It takes bollocks and good leadership to head toward bangs, thumps and bad things are happening.
  9. Grumblegrunt

now that's not fair the raf took out the entire fleet air arm the other year without loss of life.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Grumblegrunt

so do I get a medal for going upstairs when she's looking for something obvious then?
  11. Davetheclown

Davetheclown

lots of lads do this every day on Patrol, think the Oakleys and Volleyball court were under threat, short range desert group blue polyester wearing self promoting twats, one even got a medal for bruising his knee,
    • Like Like x 2
  12. cloudbuster

cloudbuster

Gripping stuff, as we've come to expect from our favourite newsfeed.
  13. Grumblegrunt

it was a nasty bruise though, he had a limp and everything
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cloudbuster

cloudbuster

I'm sure that a Knickerbocker Glory and a big slice of pizza later he was back to fighting-fitness and ready for that barrier.
  15. Grumblegrunt

what a guy - I bet his colleagues call him 'ace' behind his back.