New TA Orbat

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by squigeypie, Apr 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. squigeypie

squigeypie War Hero

Well it cant be long before this is announced, now they must be forming new units from scratch concidering how big it is to become. Any Ideas as to what units will/are/should be formed re-formed to take us into the next decade or so.

2. msr

msr LE

New units? We just need to recruit the ones we have.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sentinel

Sentinel Old-Salt

They'll probably end up disbanding a number of units in the mistaken belief that all these volunteers will go into brand new sparkling ones....... where they won't be with their mates. I have the feeling that a lot of people will end up leaving.

• Like Like x 2
  4. squigeypie

squigeypie War Hero

Your right but if all units were fully manned, and the remainder of the 30k recruited what would they do and where would they be housed. Wishful thinking I know.

5. msr

msr LE

They would fill the existing units...

6. squigeypie

squigeypie War Hero

I didnt realise that if all the units currently on the books were fully manned there would be 30k on strength

7. MightyBigEgo

MightyBigEgo War Hero

1st Battalion The Unemployed Deployables

• Like Like x 3
  8. oxfordbps

oxfordbps Swinger

If all current TA units were fully recruited we would have a TA of 36,000...

9. Whiskey_60

Whiskey_60 LE

I'm interested to see how TA units fit into the adaptive etc. model.

If 16 Bde is a Reactive force with Reserve elements - what will that look like for the Reserve contracts they are on?

• Like Like x 1
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Easy. The Reserve elements will continue to operate of a form of operational readiness cycle. A relatively small element (building up to a Coy for 4 Para) will be at high readiness to support the AMTF. These high readiness elements will have full operational kit issue to match their regular counterparts, training and validation conducted by the unit they are scheduled to support if required and agreement by their employers for the reduced NTM times (days, not weeks or months). If called, they do a very hasty MCCP/G1 check as per RTMC then they are ready to join the Bn.

The remainder of the Bn will be on slightly longer NTM to match the remainder of 16X, leaving a small training cadre behind if required.

I believe that the CS and CSS Reserve elements are following the same pattern.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Whiskey_60

Whiskey_60 LE

That's strangely... brilliant. As usual thanks for your wisdom.

12. I am sure a few new units will be created, after all the regular army needs some more CO, Adjt and RSM posts to fill to ensure their people achieve the required career progression.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bile_Spewer

Bile_Spewer LE

With a combined BMI of 4,000,000 and 4 medals between them.

14. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

We had best start giving those medals back . . . .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kitmarlowe

Kitmarlowe LE

Think you'll find it's about 72,000 medals. And the fattest c**ts in uniform I saw were regs, most fat f**ks don't last with us

• Like Like x 3