MSO University/Degree Question

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by ralphy23, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ralphy23

ralphy23

Hey, this is my first ever post, so please forgive me!

I'm in sixthform at the moment, just recently had my first meeting with my ACA :) Forgot to ask him though, what type of degree would I need to get at uni to be an MSO?

From the small amount of info that i've read on this forum, it looks like MSO's are criticised and the job doesn't seem to be as highly respected as other officer positions. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I'm just saying what it looks like from other threads. This isn't my opinion as I really am keen to go into this job in the future!

Any help would be appreciated as I can't find the information anywhere and the army live chat is closed over the weekends.

2. Biscuits_AB

Biscuits_AB

You don't. All you need a Polish accent, and HGV 1 licence and access to an Antar.
    Charm_City likes this.
  3. Bushmills

Bushmills LE

I think that the consensus was that promotion prospects are good and you will probably get a good job in the NHS when you leave the Army.

Downside is that you won't get to play soldiers very often.

I would suggest a degree in a management related subject.