1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Minley manor - does anyone actually live there?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Bravo_Bravo

Bravo_Bravo Clanker

Hello Sappers

Odd Q maybe but does anyone actually live in Minley Manor?

TIA

BB
  2. Praetorian

Praetorian Clanker

Never got the chance to look at it/ask, was too busy being run into the ground for weeks and weeks!
    Sinner251 likes this.
  3. yater_spoon

yater_spoon Clanker

It would appear habited when I took my patrol through the grounds on my advanced assault pioneer cadre
  4. silver-shadow

silver-shadow Swinger

there is people that live on the grounds, such as the colonel in the house on the right as soon as you go in the gate, when i was there in march, 55 oc lived in the house next to the arch at the end of the drivway, and somebody lived in the house looking out onto the main road next to the gate.

as for minley manor, when i was on roaming patrols on the night shift, it appeared entiely uninhabited, all of the lights seemed to be switched off all the time, except for in a few downstairs rooms.
  5. creepy

creepy Clanker

As far as I remember it used to be the Brigadiers' residence, and scared the beejeesus out of me when I was armed only with my pick helve, crunching up the gravel path, gimpering
  6. Nightrained

Nightrained Clanker

Isn't the officers mess there as well? Not in the main building, but at the back of the colonels house, or am I mistaken?

As for the main building it belongs to the imfamous ghost.
  7. A_Knocker_Till_The_End

A_Knocker_Till_The_End Clanker Moderator

8. silver-shadow

silver-shadow Swinger

the mess entrance is on the left just before the archway at the end of the drive.

some of the davinci code was filmed there apparently. perhaps it's the ghost of the curator who got killed in there?!

i think the thames scene in tommorrow never dies was filmed in hawley hard too, or so i hear
  9. postman_twit

postman_twit Clanker MiA (Donor)

IIRC, the sentry box by the main gate at Minley Manor is the coldest known point in the universe. Still shivering 22 years on!

P-T
  10. hurrahfortheRE

hurrahfortheRE Clanker

Any chance you can post that in arabic, maybe in a fire control order format!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some plans of the camp, blueprints etc?????
  11. Bravo_Bravo

Bravo_Bravo Clanker

I'm entering into a contract with somebody who gives his address as MM, which is why I query.
  12. HEART_STOPPER

HEART_STOPPER Clanker

Dont worry mate ill let Hamed see this before he goes home ffs. :roll:
  13. 10BA09

10BA09 Clanker

Its the Officers Mess, Officers live there, strangely......
  14. Pantsoff

Pantsoff Clanker

Whilst we are discussing this can some give me a description of lay out of Main Building in London as well? What about PJHQ......?
  15. Sapper145

Sapper145 Clanker MiA (Donor)

No point, I'm sure they are both a figment of someones fevered imagination :wink: