lump sum & Pension

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by longhairedgeneral, Mar 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok 22 years done and awaiting pension lump sum, I understand this will happen within around 30 days but how long does it take for pansion to kick it? Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

2. Fallschirmjager

Fallschirmjager LE

3. Berlin_104s

Berlin_104s War Hero

I left last October. I received my first pension payment in December which was backdated to my discharge date.

Berlin

4. That's great thanks for the info.

5. roninxix

roninxix War Hero

I got my lumper 7 days after termination date, my first pension installment went in on the 24th of the month. That was July 2010.

6. stacker1

stacker1 LE

Does that mean on the 6th of April I can from then on refer to you as a no-mark civvie ****?

7. Fallschirmjager

Fallschirmjager LE

With the money I'll be earning you can call me what the **** you want!

Squaddies are gay anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forces Pension Society

Forces Pension Society Sponsor

You pension is paid monthly in arrears and the first payment is approximately a month after you left. Once the date has been set, the pension turns up on that date unless it falls on a weekend or public holiday, in which case it is paid on the working day prior to the due date.

The lump sum is paid within 30 days of your departure. The pension scheme rules give SPVA 30 days to pay the lump sum but they normally do far better than that.

9. counterstrike

counterstrike LE

I finished my 22, 10 days ago. I did my PEN1 form on GayPA at the D-6 month point (actually tried it at D-7 months but it mugged me off!). Done all admin checks before leaving, no problems.

Phoned JPAC this morning just to get the warm and fuzzy. All they needed was service number and memorable info (from your JPA login). Pension had been processed yesterday with the letter of details posted out today. Confirmed sums were as given by Pension Calculator. Lump sum gone into their banking system and expected in my account 3-5 days.

Email: JPAC@spva.mod.uk
    Tel: Freephone: 0800 085 3600 MOD: 94560 3600
    Overseas: +44 141 224 3600
    Address: JPAC Enquiry Centre,
    Mail Point 403, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, GLASGOW, G2 8EX

...and breathe...........

10. Filbert Fox

Filbert Fox LE

last day was the 14th November, got lump sum 10 days later, my 14 days of november pay at the end of the month and pension started 5th Dec.