1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Looking for a number for B&B near Palace Barracks, County Down.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by H-purm, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H-purm

H-purm Crow

I have a "Pre-Assessment Personal Development Activity" coming up soon in Palace Barracks in Holywood, and I'm trying to sort accommodation.

Tried calling the barracks itself but I just get a machine telling me to contact the National Recruitment Center. The people at the NRC say they don't have any numbers for B&B's in the area and can't help.

I'm coming up from the South so looking for a B&B on the day is a no go because it'll be late in the evening by the time I get there and I'll probably end up without a place to stay.

Does anyone know any B&B's in the area?
  2. Judgekid

Judgekid Clanker Supporter - GCM

Have you tried the thing called google?

I might be over there later so if I remember, I'll have a look
  3. H-purm

H-purm Crow

Had a look but I could only find very expensive places, golf resorts i think, that are over £100 per night.

Everything else I could find was in Belfast city center.

I want to find somewhere within walking distance of the barracks, because knowing my luck if I called a random taxi it'll be driven by the ghost of Bobby Sands or something. :wtf:

Cheers.
  4. Waldorfmuppet

Waldorfmuppet Clanker

Holywood wont have too much to offer, just get somewhere in Belfast and ge the Bus out: Ulsterbus Service 1 Outbound - Translink (your stop is the Old Holywood Road I think).

I live within walking distance of Palace but your not staying with me.
    Joker62 and Judgekid like this.
  5. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Clanker Book Reviewer

Anywhere around the centre of belfast would do, and if you cant get to the bus; Value cabs are decent and you wont find yourself in west belfast instead of palace

Edit: Value cabs No. (028) 90 80 90 80