Is the Queen ill?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by deltaecho, Oct 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltaecho

deltaecho Old-Salt

I don't want to seem too alarmist or rumour-mongering, but I was genuinely surprised to learn that the Queen wasn't going to be opening the Commonwealth Games. While it would be unreasonable to expect H.M. to be the jet-setting shuttle diplomat in her eighties, nonetheless she does take the Commonwealth quite seriously and so to avoid one of the few occasions when the organisation is actually in the public eye is very uncharacteristic of her. While she seemed well enough during the Pope's visit, you can't help but wonder - is something happening behind the scenes?

2. Her Majesty is getting on now.

3. devexwarrior

devexwarrior LE

HM is an elderly lady, a little older than my mum. All people of this age find long journeys tiring and I suspect that The Queen did not relish a very long trip to India. She might have a cold or something (everyone else seems to have one). I suspect there is no cause for alarm.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The amount of time she has been in the Job, I think she is entitled to some time off. Anyway, it is not as if Charlie had anything else to do.

5. TerryFukWit

TerryFukWit

I would hardly call it a job, I would call it living in luxury on the backs of us lesser mortals.

6. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

It's a long way for an elderly lady to go. Add the heat, humidity and risk of Dengue fever (first case announced at the weekend), I think she did the right thing to send her sons.

(No, I didn't mean she should put them at risk of fever. They're younger than she is and less likely to succumb.)

7. Shut up you cretin. I can see why you have that tag. If you don't like the Queen, go live somewhere else.

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

9. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Have to say I missed that one. Thank you.

10. Because, living in the UK, she doesn't have to go abroad to find a swampy shithole full of the poor or run by corrupt people who don't speak English and have little or no idea who she is anymore.

11. That's no way to talk about Bradfordistan.

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You don't even need to go that far. See Terryfuckwit above.

13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Indeed, a lesser mortal by his own admission.

14. western

western

'Is the Queen ill?'

That would be sensitive personal information as defined by the Data Protection Act. So mind your own business!

15. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann LE

I hope she isn't.
    As for the OP,given the choice,would you have gone there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.