Is Brian Moore the worst commentator on TV?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Feb 14, 2010.

?
  1. No - he is totally professional

41.3%
  2. Yes - he should be dropped by the BBC

58.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cent05zr70

cent05zr70 LE

I'll go full back.(Is it still 1 point for a drop goal?)

2. Ursus.Maritimus

Ursus.Maritimus War Hero

Can also be a flanker if the need arises.

At this rate it looks like we might struggle to get an ARRSE sevens side!

3. cent05zr70

cent05zr70 LE

Bloody young'uns! Get to 50 and they think life's over.LMF.

4. re-stilly

re-stilly LE

Prop either side suits me, deaf as a post so can't here the ref either

5. taffplod

taffplod Old-Salt

Love to see that fat fucker Guscott take a pop at J D be better than any rugby I've seen for ages JDs hard as fuck .

6. Father_Famine

Father_Famine LE

In the 80's I started coaching as my back wouldn't let me play, my first missus played No9 for a ladies team, I got the job of bucket man, by fcuk I could run when one of them went down.

7. re-stilly

re-stilly LE

Was that on each other or on you

8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Tight head prop, now coaching youngsters.

If allowed to bring family can rustle up a couple of hookers and another prop!

Brian Moore is biased in that he critisizes England for noy playing to their full potential. I remember haering Gavin Hastings talk about Bill McLaren who was famous for never critisizing anybody. Gav missed an easy kick and the worst Bill said was "he'll be disappointed with himself for that"
    Mr Moore is not too shy to say if some one cocks up.

It's just a different style, he, as an Ex-Engalnd player expects good things from his former team as do Davies, Nicol, Butler.

Mclaren was a passionate Scottish rugby suppoter but also from a different era of commentors. When started the BBC would not allow commentors to commentate on matches involving thier own team to prevent these sorts of claims.

I listened to the Scotland match on Sunday on Radio Scotland, think it was John Beattie and Peter Wright, they lost transmission and it was replaced by Davies and some twat for about 7 or 8 minutes before returning. It wasn't at the end of the game, Scotland were still 10 points in front, but you'd have thought it was two different games.

9. MisterEx

MisterEx Swinger

Scrum Half.

Despite age and my crumbling knees, in this company I'd rather play than commentate!

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That's not a very nice way to describe your wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law :twisted:

11. Crouch_and_Hold

Crouch_and_Hold Clanker

Centre or qualified ref (Level 6). Order must be maintained at all times gentlemen!

12. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's actually son and both daughters!

13. phil245

phil245 LE Book Reviewer

Tighthead prop now over fifty but still allowed to play in the mud.

The level of reffing in the six nations is bad around the scrums, The props are supposed to bind on the shirt on their opposite numbers side, not on the arm which pulls the opposite prop in to the side of the scrum causing it to collapse.

14. re-stilly

re-stilly LE

I think part of the problem is that not many refs have "experience" of being in the pack, especially the front row where those little things happen that you don't see.

15. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

Don't you mean is it still FOUR points for a drop goal? you are a rugby leaguer aren't you? Your question is the RU equivalent of an Abwehr spy appearing at 10 o clock in the morning at a Norfolk pub and ordering coffee!!