Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

India is a shithole: Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways I feel sorry. I think he genuinely believed his point of view - just like die hard communists believed, even when the people were starving.

I hope some slight seeds of doubt were implanted in his mind.
Slight seeds? I am hoping that an acorn has taken root in the rather empty space twixt Gupta's ears. In 100 years or so we may end up with something worth harvesting (other than his pretty useless sub-human organs)

@earth was last seen: Today at 6:49 AM.

It's still here, the dripping sphincter. Will it hang around long enough to knock RJGBloke off of the "longest departure in Arrse history" prize spot?

It's probably on holiday. Gone off for a fortnight somewhere to get a bit if raping of the lower castes in. It's probably traditional and it'll claim the lower castes appreciate it, have higher caste, "well educated" spunk squirted all over/up them.

The filthy shit-in-the-street rapist that it is.

He's not going to go. He has said that he was going before and managed to return thus showing him to be a person of his word. He just wants to see if we miss him. He has become the herpes of the site.

He's not going to go. He has said that he was going before and managed to return thus showing him to be a person of his word. He just wants to see if we miss him. He has become the herpes of the site.
Is that simplex, zoster or vulgaris?

I'm not sure that I should tell you as you are not of the chosen and so did not appear on his valediction post. However, between you and the rest of arrse I think that it has to be vulgaris.

I had a long liquid lunch today with an old friend, who is of Indian extraction. Born in “East Africa” as he describes it, he grew up in Fiji and moved to Australia as a young man. I assume during the coup.

I wish I had recorded the conversation, as it was a fascinating insight from an honest Indians perspective.

According to my friend Indians congregate into what he described as occupation ghettos. He cited corner stores in the UK as a perfect example. The reason apparently is caste. Some casts do some jobs, other do other jobs. Some casts are in trade, some in the military.

He cited this reason why so many Indians have moved into IT – it has become an occupation ghetto for Indians, within which they feel safe.
This ghetto attitude is problematic, because many Indians feel honour bound by their caste to be (say) a doctor, and so will with some reluctance fake qualifications to obtain the positon. Maintaining the caste position becomes more important than the honour of the individual.

(My friend named the castes and their roles, but I didn’t want to be seen writing it all down)

The other problem he highlighted with these occupation ghettos was that they were self-fulfilling, because Indians will (naturally) always want to work with others of the same ethnic background and caste. He highlighted Recruiting and HR as the latest “Indian occupation ghetto” where once a certain critical mass has been reached, the company will only employ Indians.

This means that over time some areas of employment become virtually Indian exclusive. My friend saw this happen with the Fijian public service, after the British pulled out. Without British oversight the public offices became 100% Indian, to the fury of the ethnic Fijians. This led in a roundabout way to the coup.

The other fascinating point he made was that because of the nature of the culture, Indians are very good at, and with, authoritarian management but hopeless at participative leadership. The endless struggle to reach above the starvation line invariable leads them to arrogance and dictatorial attitudes as soon as they realise they have a voice in decisions.

Very interesting chat. Does this match other peoples impressions?

I suppose the IT thing makes sense in that it doesn't fit into the traditional set of caste values because it's new, it didn't exist in the far distant past. A kind of caste "no man's land".
Senior admin positions in the NHS here in the UK, seem to fit this mould, it also sort of works for those people who feel they "ought" to be doctors but basically didn't get quite good enough examination results...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.