Guy Denton Savage: naughty boy

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by stoatman, Feb 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. stoatman

stoatman LE

2. Drlligaf

Drlligaf LE

Stoaty you forgot the free food and accomodation!

3. STABALTERN69

STABALTERN69 Clanker

Sabre Defense is up for a foreclosure sale on the 15 February 2011

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Lots about at the moment, I'm surprised he made anything to sell personally, I did start a thread on this earlier but heh in for a penny!

5. Beerhunter

Beerhunter War Hero

There seems to be little sympathy, not to say some schadenfreude, for Mr. Savage. As someone who has only met him a couple of times I'm left wondering why.

Does it have anything to do with him shopping Grant Wilkinson only after the cheques had cleared? Or have I missed something?

6. Hellmans

Hellmans LE

Savage has always pushed the boundaries. In 1991 I bought an Australian Arms Semi Auto Pistol 'SAP' in .223 from him, on my ticket as a .223 pistol.

It was nothing more than a cut down AR15 mechanism with a forward cocking handle similar to the MP5 and a detachable butt.

Looked the part with 30 or 40 round mags on and didn't half make a loud noise through it's 11" (from memory) barrel.

Anyhow, I sold it on, fortunately just before the dealers and owners got the 6am knock from plod and they were all seized as Sect 5's!

Lost a few quid, not much, but was very close to losing it all.

I remember him at the Pistol AD '90 meeting extolling the virtues of keeping a .38 in the workshop ('for working on') in case he got robbed, publicly to anyone around. I thought he was a bit of a knob.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

8. stoatman

stoatman LE

He also had a habit of taking money for goods and then never delivering... and folding the limited companies before they could be sued.

Amongst other things...

9. cernunnos

cernunnos LE

That sounds familiar, the British tax system.

10. sunoficarus

sunoficarus LE

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Unnatractive personality and that from a barrister. The mans a ****!

12. stoatman

stoatman LE

Well, there's several things wrong with that article:

1. He won all his court cases; he has never been convicted.

2. He doesn't have a "firearm certificate", he has an RFD with section 5 authority.

3. As an RFD, if he didn't have hundreds of rifles around the place, something would be wrong.

4. Does anyone seriously believe that British armed police shot out the tyres of a car on a suburban north London street? Really? Forgot the Stinger, did they?

I think the Home Orifice has been feeding the press a line...

Of course, doesn't detract from the fact that he is a very naughty boy and a cnut of the first water.

13. sunoficarus

sunoficarus LE

Guys alright, a bit of 'colourful' character, but I've always had good dealings with him.

This all smacks of someone outliving his utility to certain people. It's been no secret for years that Guy sells guns to some interesting people in interesting places that the US don't deal with directly.

14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Seems to be lots of it going on in he U.S. at the moment
    These two were also up on trying to smuggle AK47 to Libya according to the Press last week

YORK gun dealer accused of illegally smuggling AK-47 magazines into the United States will be free on bail as he awaits trial.

For now firearms dealer, Gary Hyde, managing director of York Guns in Dunnington, must remain in Western New York on GPS monitoring.

He pleaded not guilty and posted $50,000 cash bail yesterday.

However, U.S. District Judge Charles Siragusa is expected to decide in a week whether Hyde can return to England as he awaits trial.

York firearms dealer denies smuggling AK-47 magazines (From York Press)

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

******* no way am I completing that order for bren mags to Canada then! They know the rules, get caught and its off to were the sunshine grows in stripes!