Females in full combat roles?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Barb_Dwyer(twisted), May 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?

Should combat roles be opened up to women?

1. Yes

23.4%
  2. No

61.5%
  3. Not ARRSEd

15.1%
  1. Hey Guys,

As you can probably see I have just joined today and am already after your invaluable thoughts - am being a bit cheeky and after finally deciding to get myself educated in prep for civvy street I am currently writing a paper on women in combat roles, as you are probably aware they can't join RM, paras, Inf and the like.

Did you know the EU force the MOD to review its position on this every 8 years, with a review due this year.

Anyhow over to the experts, would really appreciate your candid responses and any real-life situs you have been in on ops with females.

Looking fwd. Twisted xx
  2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Try searching the forums
  3. smudge67

smudge67

I've sh@gged a few female clerks, and chefs on tour. Does that help?
  4. I hope I wasn't one of them - uses on ops then.

Get it, women not too hot the physical stuff.

Any girlies out there to help?!?

Twisted x
  5. Enjoyed - if not a little confused?

Twisted x
  6. smudge67

smudge67

Girls are great spunk sponges.
  7. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Barb,
    there was a very good thread that discussed this last year sometime on the Infantry forum if i remember correctly. There were some good posts amongst the rubbish and it go into more than just the physical problems but also problems with training, courses and promotion and the like. the search feature is just a mouse click away
  8. Dear crow_bag,

Big help will check it out. I already feel degraded and humiliated - am going to take a very long hot shower!!!

Barb x
  9. ex_colonial

ex_colonial LE

"barb_dwyer(twisted)", excuse me for asking but how the f**k do you get so many medals etc on your avatar when you've only joined today and made 4 posts? :? :?
  10. CQMS

CQMS LE

Handing over £25 helps.
  11. skintboymike

skintboymike LE

The medals aren't a reflection of the amount of posts one makes - you achieve medals by donating money towards the running of the site.

Tight cunt. ;)
  12. tropper66

tropper66

try doing some research, Read Charlotte Maddison's book "Dressed to kill" gives some insight into women in the front line,
  13. Bamber(Phil)

Bamber(Phil) Old-Salt

We had a Female Capt. as Adjadent in Germany in the mid 1980,s and we were an Infantry Bn. So technically she was trained to operate radios,weapons and command armoured Infantry!!! Good job the Russians never came over the border!
  14. Widow_69

Widow_69 Clanker

Hardly front line, I should know I'm in her book.Good AH pilot certainly did the biz however hardly tabbing around the GZ on the Osprey diet.
  15. tropper66

tropper66

Bags of respect for you mate , but she's the only woman who has written about anything close to being in the front line since Mrs Douberly in 1854.Appart from a couple of girls who were in Ireland I havn't read any other account of females on the front