1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

ECDL

Discussion in 'Officers' started by firefox3030, Feb 12, 2010.

1. CaptainPlume

CaptainPlume Clanker

Which showed a combination of a complete lack of integrity, a superb demonstration of Officer initiative, & skills far in advance of those tested on the ECDL :)

It's one of those things which offered free & to be done in office time seems a good idea, but which is a bit Mickey Mouse. I've not done it myself, but some very computer-literate friends did & they were tearing their hair out with the way the qualification amkes one approach tasks...
  2. saladin

saladin Clanker

ECDL Fail - mong double post !
  3. msr

msr Clanker

4. maguire

maguire Clanker Book Reviewer

'Which showed a combination of a complete lack of integrity, a superb demonstration of Officer initiative, & skills far in advance of those tested on the ECDL'

shame they didnt give this test to Ali Dizaei, they might have rumbled him earlier. :D
  5. saladin

saladin Clanker

Reminds me of the story of the Exped report. " Mountain Biking in the Grand Canyon" or some such. All was well until someone realised that it was the same set of handlebars in every photo...and they had neither gears or nor brakes attached.....
  6. Forks

Forks Crow

Had to do one of these a couple of years back going through training. Did the modules in like 10 minutes and then spent the rest of the period browsing the net. It's really worthwhile!
  7. Commando_Spirit

Commando_Spirit Clanker

It's free on DLP and at a DELC, it costs at the AEC (because of the 'tutor support') but you get a refund when you pass and yes, in 2012 it will be a requirement to promote to Sgt...

Fcuk that!!
  8. Voltiguer

Voltiguer Clanker

Had to do this at BRNC, utter waste of time. I would not recommend paying for it in your own time. If they are going to put you through it and require it from you then that's different though.

Remember someone frantically going through it on their second to last day there because rumour was 'it was a requirement to pass out' :p
  9. Spacehopper383

Spacehopper383 Clanker

I did it a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the stupid questions. Talking about how do you get a virus and the answer being by sharing discs. FFS an exam in 2006 that had nothing in it about the internet or memory sticks. It was like doing my O level computer exam again in 87!!!!

Still if you need to do it for promotion then crack on especially if it's free.
  10. Danny_Dravot

Danny_Dravot Clanker MiA (Donor)

if you had computers in your day at the academy you're still a nig...no lantern swinging allowed. next
  11. darel60

darel60 Crow

I am going for a trip with my fiance to europe and really confused about which restaurant to choose from so while searching i came through this websiterestaurants covent garden review , Is this website is really good as it sounds on web?
  12. Forks

Forks Crow

It's really good.