1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Dodgy Minister defends useless Snatch vehicles

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by naguere, Apr 30, 2006.

1. naguere

naguere Clanker

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Clanker

Saw one on a low loader this week on the M3.
  3. doctrine

doctrine Crow

4. jagman

jagman Clanker

Gross Vehicle Weight of only 5tonnes?????
  5. MrPVRd

MrPVRd Clanker

They are tiny - I have worked with them and really can't see 14 guys getting in the back with kit!
  6. dan_man

dan_man Clanker

Looks like a caravan.
  7. jagman

jagman Clanker

The only one I've driven was 6 wheel hardtop turbo diesel,it has had 20 bods in back but it was'nt pleasant and certainly no room for kit, went very well though :lol:
    6wd Volvo Laplander much better piece of kit (or it would be even more so with a better engine (maybe 5.9 Cummins)
  8. woody

woody Clanker

www.pinzgauer.uk.com is the website should have brought them years ago .Supposedly an ak47 round will bounce off at point blank
    range doubt that would work with an snatch.
  9. tomahawk6

tomahawk6 Clanker

Looks like a rollover waiting to happen.
  10. FluffyBunny

FluffyBunny

What's this in the article about the Booties having a few of the unarmourd ones?

I thought half the Army travelled by Pinzy. The Airmobile Bde certainly had loads in the mid-late 90s and I've seen them on the roads all over the place.
  11. sandmanfez

sandmanfez Clanker

MOD procurement really are a slack bunch arent they? This is rated as an "Urgent operational requirement" and yet they're not capable of rolling them out, for over a year. Its a bloody disgrace!
  12. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon Clanker Book Reviewer

Ok then were can we get 70 -100 armoured vehicles at the drop of an hat.

Just cos its operational does not make it possible

And if they do get it there won’t be any bits for it.

Its not nice they can't do the Paul Daniels bit but rather a fact of life.

If you would like to drop them a line on what the next UOR will be in the next theatre ‘Answers on a post card’

Seriously

Its not an exact science and to that end will take time. Better to have a less than perfect solution than a rushed in ill thought out UOR.

I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE... TWICE
  13. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Clanker

At least its made in the UK.
  14. Fallschirmjager

Fallschirmjager Clanker MiA (Donor)

Well we're definately fcuked then! Should see it in about 3-4 years! :D
  15. sandmanfez

sandmanfez Clanker

Hmm, well I could get you two dozen LAVs, from Australia and Canada, within 45 days, with the remainder to follow within six months.