1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

    The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

    The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Disturbance Allowance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Scottish_Gaz, Jul 3, 2010.

  1. Scottish_Gaz

    Scottish_Gaz Clanker

    I was wondering if anyone can give me a short and easy answer?

    Im married with a 6 month daughter, just completed phase 2 and i start my first unit in 2 weeks time, applied for a MQ.

    When i got to phase 2, i got £90 disturbance allowance as i wasnt married at the time, but i am now.

    Will i be entitled to DA?

    As we pretty much could do with every penny to help us with the move

  2. AFA06

    AFA06 Clanker

  3. Scottish_Gaz

    Scottish_Gaz Clanker

    Someone told me that i may not be eligible for this as its my first move into MQ? But i was told not to hold him to it so im now finding out myself for certain.

    Im going to ring up my Chielf Clerk on Mon as he helped me fill out my 1132's for the MQ but forgot to ask about the allowance before i left
  4. The_Snail

    The_Snail Clanker

    <<Stands by for cheesers and witty answers>>

    That was easy. Anyone else?
  5. Scottish_Gaz

    Scottish_Gaz Clanker

    anyone elaberate on this please? we live in glasgow just now and i have my posting down south, so surely i should be entitled to the cash as i have to move my daughter from nursery, pay a few things and move my wife and daughter down south to start again in our MQ
  6. Scottish_Gaz

    Scottish_Gaz Clanker

  7. Bootifull

    Bootifull Clanker

    Kids have to be over the age of 3 IIRC.
  8. Legs

    Legs Clanker Book Reviewer Supporter - GCM
    1. ARRSE Camping and Caravanning Club

    JSP 752 Chapter 7 Section 1 Para 07.0109 Sub-Para a refers:

    The child is 3 years of age or over and receiving full-time education at a day school (including nursery school or technical college)
  9. Scottish_Gaz

    Scottish_Gaz Clanker

    im not fussed about the £138 per child, its just the £1048 im interested in as i need it to help me with the move
  10. In_my_day

    In_my_day Clanker

    Have the rules changed? No allowances are (were ?) paid for the setting up of first marital home.
    The "DA" you were paid previously, was this actually duty travel to get you to where you were doing Ph 2 (it wasn't DA)?

  11. dingerr

    dingerr Clanker MiA (Donor)

    Make your mind up.

    You have already been told yes to DA, now what's your problem? Further more DA is probably the easiest thing to apply for through JPA.
  12. AFA06

    AFA06 Clanker

    Quite correct. Just click the bit on JPA titled 'Disturbance Allowance' (the clue is in the title) within 45 days of moving and fill n the blanks. Hey presto - money in the bank.
  13. billyk

    billyk Crow

    i'm a pay clerk in the navy and what we had to do for someone in similar circumstances to recover the 90 quid so that we could fudge the payment. in some ways it depends on your clerks not being ****!
  14. BPS666

    BPS666 Clanker

    As far as I can tell, the rules haven't changed, so no, you are not entitled to disturbance allowance on moving into your first quarter. Unlucky sunshine, no free money for you ;)
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Army Pay, Claims & JPA Disturbance Allowance Query Jun 27, 2013
Army Pay, Claims & JPA Denied Disturbance Allowance & Removal Costs. Need advice. Jan 8, 2013
Army Pay, Claims & JPA Eligibility for removals and disturbance allowance Jul 12, 2012
Army Pay, Claims & JPA disturbance allowance SSFA to SFA Mar 1, 2012
Army Pay, Claims & JPA Disturbance Allowance - Missing Setup Dec 30, 2011

Share This Page