Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Decent video clip to use with Section Battle Drills lesson?

If you get desperate I still have a copy of Delta Force somewhere . Complete with rocket firing yamaha scramblers with gucci blue headlights.

Oh and Chuck fuckin Norris

Who need section battle drills when you have Chuck Norris on your team
Will you never learn?

Chuck won't be on your team, you may, if you are very lucky be allowed to tag along while Chuck does his thing but saying he is on your team is just crazy talk.

Watched it at the Imax cinema thing in Leicester Square (or whatever it was in those days) and the sound of the firefight was absolutely ******* awesome.

IIRC they didn't overdub the sound of the weapons
The sound you hear is the sound recorded on the day not produced in a studio.

IIRC they didn't overdub the sound of the weapons
The sound you hear is the sound recorded on the day not produced in a studio.

and it is indeed, the absolute f#cking business.

It is The Gold Standard for all movie firefights since.

Most fail.

Last edited:
I partook in an event last September to produce automatic weapon fire for a games producer, typically the sound of automatic fire from the MoD ranges kept interrupting, wrong sort you see.

You're probably right. At the end of the scene the only thing missing in the cinema was the smell of cordite and the ringing in the ears
I am curious to know how they mad blank ammo sound so much like live firing.

. . . . . they were firing blank, I presume . . . . . .

Slightly left of field, this does have the majority of the drills.

Certainly QBOs of a sort ('unleash hell'), plus prep for battle, suppress, assault & a bit of a reorg.

Hard to believe this film is almost 15 years old now. I remember buying it from the Virgin music shop. On VHS.

Rgds

BeastAS.