Clenbuterol

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by chriscarlbutler, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GrizzlyPanda

GrizzlyPanda LE

On a thursday night at this time? Popping off down the old boys club to sit in the corner with your pint as company darling, propping up the bar with the other sad alcy bastards? Have fun :D

2. carlbcfc

carlbcfc LE

I used ephedrine a coulple of years ago with caffeine. I used it for energy, most people use it for weight loss as it does supress your appetite, and it is a thermogenic. As said above though, it is banned these on its own these days due to it being the main component of crystal meth, I think?

3. Ian1983

Ian1983 LE

Nope

That's ephedra. Ephedrine you can buy (although not in this country) and it is pharmaceutical grade usually as it's bronchial relaxant. They usually add guaifenesin to prevent it being used for other things.

Ephedrine is the stuff that makes your HR go up and increase your body temperature and gives you an 'amazing' 3-5% metabolic increase. It's the other alkoids that they used for crystal meth.
    The main reason as suggested is that it killed appetite. Less reps with folk meant fatty lost weight.

It's been a while since I read up on the subject though.

4. carlbcfc

carlbcfc LE

So is it now drug test legal?

5. Ian1983

Ian1983 LE

Pass on that as I am not serving.

I know some sport federations have banned it. That's why there was major upsets in Aus a few year back as someone used a over the counter decongestant and it had ephedrine in it.

To be honest, as fair as I know it's half life is 3-4 hours so it would be out of your system pretty quickly and I don't think other then in some sport federations that is it tested for.

6. Please explain how a Class C drug can be drug test legal - unless you've been prescribed it.

:roll:

7. carlbcfc

carlbcfc LE

I cannot explain something I did not know the answer to can I?

8. Ian1983

Ian1983 LE

just because something is a c class doesn't mean they test. i
    They usually test for main suspects in drug tests. not every drug that has been deemed illegal.

Just saying

9. A valid point. But now that the subject's been aired (and we know that Big Brother is watching) , how long before Clen gets added to the main suspects, if it isn't already?

10. Pangur_Ban

Pangur_Ban War Hero

Clenbuterol is a Schedule 4 (part II) Controlled Drug. This means that it is only legally available to humans if prescribed by a medical practitioner registered with GMC, or equivalent Dental/Nurse/Pharmacy registering body. Anyone else supplying this drug is doing so illegally.

Other drugs in this legal class include anabolic steroids. Clenbuterol is not a steroid. It is a Beta-2 Agonist, which means that it is chemically related to epinephrine (NOT ephedrine, which is a totally different type of drug) and salbutamol. Its effects are more potent and longer lasting. It is a banned substance in sport.

When buying medicines from anywhere other than a registered pharmacy (on-line or in the high street), there is no guarantee of its quality. Many drugs sold from non-recognised on-line pharmacies, sports centres etc have been found to be counterfeit. The preparations may contain none of the active ingredient and can be padded out with other chemicals, some of which have proven to be toxic.

Don't abuse your body with chemicals you know nothing about.

Get Real, Get a Prescription: http://www.realdanger.co.uk/

11. Ian1983

Ian1983 LE

Sorry about the poor formatting. Posted that via my phone.

Re your statement. Probably still pretty low as to implement a test for something that isn't widely used would probably be costly so not worth it.

I also agree with pangur.

12. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

I tried to make that point initially in a nice way. Now I would like to add my vote to the cnut lobby!

no one minds people working out, shovelling in chickens whole and generally trying to turn eight stone weakling into beast of a man. However if you are not prepared to put the hours in or alternatively are dissatisfied with your results, don't turn to harmful drugs which have side-effects which will undoubtedly cause hassle not merely for you but for others. as for those who push "performance enhancing" drugs, either as coaches or merely as pushers in the locker-rooms...you are going to get the good news one dark night. Enjoy!

13. carlbcfc

carlbcfc LE

I think the the OP was looking to be educated on clen. Oh well, we've had a nice chat about drugs now, and learnt a few things.

14. sambo1983

sambo1983 Old-Salt

So, other than the usual insults and patronising comments from the ignorant, have we discovered if the Army allow you to take clen?

15. no-body

no-body LE

Don't know it was a long time ago.....