Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I am in such a mood for some cheese (no, not that cheese, you filthy minded individual). A ripe, gooey Gorgonzola would go down well right now. Maybe a Macaroni Cheese with Gorgonzola would work.

What's your cheese preference, and favourite cheesy recipe?

My mother used to fry onions in butter until softened and a bit brown, add a bit of water, add some cheddar sliced up, let it melt, season. Serve with crusty bread, very simple but the next morning.

I am in such a mood for some cheese (no, not that cheese, you filthy minded individual). A ripe, gooey Gorgonzola would go down well right now. Maybe a Macaroni Cheese with Gorgonzola would work.

What's your cheese preference, and favourite cheesy recipe?

My favourite recipe is a Russian one (not surprising) and its called Juiellenne. When Russians try to be posh they try to be French. Not a bad choice for food and wine I will admit.

OK Juillenne -
Take some dried mushooms (wild if possible) and boil them in water for about 10 minutes. Stick half a carton of mushrooms (cubed) into the mushroom broth. Meanwhile make a basic bechamel. Add some sulguni cheese, or its closest equivalent, gouda, and melt until the bechamel is thick and runs off the spoon slowly.

Take some ramekin pots, put a mix of mushrooms with a little broth in the bottom, add the bechamel, stir until its a uniform gloop of mushroom broth and cheese sauce, then top with a little grated cheese and some black pepper.

Bake the ramekins until it all melts.

Eat with Borodinsky bread.

Heart attacks are optional.

My mother used to fry onions in butter until softened and a bit brown, add a bit of water, add some cheddar sliced up, let it melt, season. Serve with crusty bread, very simple but the next morning.

Jarrod, my mum used to add some stale beer to the mix, spread it on crusty white loaf slices and grill it. Wonderful.

There's only one.

Stilton. Served with Jacob's cream crackers (water biscuits if desperate), butter, red grapes and a gallon glass of port. Those that haven't acquired the taste for this fabulous treat simply haven't matured yet. It will come.

My favourite cheese is gorgonzola. Look up the recipe for pasta with gorgonzola sauce.

My dirty food secret is that I love mature stilton and salad cream sandwiches.

*ducks*

Localish stuff called fivemiletown cheddar (which has just had the factory closed and the name sold to a conglomerate).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I have always hated cheese with random fruit stuck in it, why would you do that, but guilty secret I look forward to Christmas when someone gets us a cheeseboard with Wensleydale and cranberries, suppose I'll have to eat that just by way of being polite you understand, there I've said it, I can never take the cheese moral high ground again.

Seeking Enlightenment by looking up my ARRSE

My favourite cheese is gorgonzola. Look up the recipe for pasta with gorgonzola sauce.

My dirty food secret is that I love mature stilton and salad cream sandwiches.

*ducks*

OK I can live with that, salad cream is much underestimated. In fact I may give it a try with a blue cheese. I have a suspicion that it may be absolutely gorgeous.