Be Honest.......whats your 1.5 mile run time?1

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by deano1987_21, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. deano1987_21

deano1987_21 Clanker

10.30 At ADSC

2. jonah_09

jonah_09 Swinger

best 10 minutes flat

3. Surfer_Smithy

Surfer_Smithy War Hero

11:00 dead on, huge improvement over the months from what it was. Started doing additional interval training on the treadmill and it's helping a lot.

4. Banker

Banker LE

8.06 for 1.5 miles, and I'm 43 and smoke 20 a day you malingering fcuks.........

• Like Like x 4
  5. I reckon the 1.5 mile time requirement should be the same across the board no matter what reg you are going for.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jonah_09

jonah_09 Swinger

i agree mate your a soldier first and should all be at the same leval of fitness

7. fusilier10

fusilier10 Old-Salt

ye i fink everybody shud be getting under 10mins :D

8. Big_Bertha

Big_Bertha Old-Salt

Ive just managed to get it in the low 11s. Aiming for under 11 and if possible low 10s. Any idea how long this could take?

• Like Like x 1
  9. jonah_09

jonah_09 Swinger

took 2minutes of my time in 2 months with alot of hard work also lost a stone and a half and now im a skinny bastard which is probaly why ive took 2 mins off

10. Big_Bertha

Big_Bertha Old-Salt

Does each ADSC have a different time limit? I know I have to get under 13.15 for my chosen job but at pre-adsc we were told 12.35 was the cut off.
    Im due to go to Lichfield soon, and I was wondering what their cut off point is?

11. Danny_Dravot

Danny_Dravot LE

sorry to shatter your dream but you need no special nutrion whatsoever for a 1.5 mile run; no extra carbs, protein, fats etc.

anybody that tells you otherwise is wrong.

i could bore you with the details, but i can't be bothered - less to say that an individual eating a normal balanced diet will have arund 2-2500Kcals of energy stored and ready to use for vigorous exercise - their glycogen store - only when this runs out do we need to start looking at nutrion to replace or top up. Ref protein, there is no requirement to increase your protein unless your undertaking serious amounts of training - ie, full time, or very ardous training (3hrs) a day.

hydration is far more important - in most instances water is sufficient

• Like Like x 1
  12. fusilier10

fusilier10 Old-Salt

you shouldnt even need to have a drink of water before the run i always thrash my running times but then again some people are not fit at all :D

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  13. shane_1

shane_1 Swinger

my run time was 9:10 at final selection less than a week ago wanted 2 come in under 9 mins tho :)

14. jay2o

jay2o Old-Salt

pft 8.59 80press ups 108 sit ups

15. Hamwise

Hamwise Old-Salt

...well, I was more referring to the fact that chowing down on 'greasy pizza' 2 hours before attempting a run might not be a good idea. If eating whatever you like is good prep for a run then fair enough, I'd still prefer to play it safe and I'd try to stick to a diet I suggested anyway. If you can be bothered (and I'm not being sarcy here, I am actually interested) can you drop a PM with links or resources where I can verify this. My own reading and research has led me to the beliefs I hold now. I'm always prepared to learn.

I can only speak for myself but I don't think I'd be at my best attempting a run after a big ol' pizza. Perhaps it's all psychological though.

...And I did say plenty of water in my defence. :wink: