1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Battlefield 3 (XBOX 360)

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Palahniuk, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Palahniuk

Palahniuk Swinger

So, not Bad Company 3, but Battlefield 3. A tad confusing but, nonetheless, this rather glorious looking gameplay trailer makes up for it:

YouTube - Battlefield 3: Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer

I loved BC2, the multiplayer was great and although sometimes frustratingly slow-paced - it had a great dynamic feel to it and it certainly felt like there were more serious or good-natured casual gamers on it, rather than squeaking, glitching and annoying 15 year olds that you may find on MW2. (The single player was tosh, though)

This certainly looks like a step-up. And it even looks like Medal Of Honor's 'Realism' could be out-classed.

My only gripe, and this is a general swipe at the FPS genre, is that I fear I might start to get a bit bored, no matter how technically great a game may be, of the set out, corridor gameplay that is systematic with most single player campaigns. I would hope the 'next-gen' FPS start to branch out a little - Not exactly open-worlded, more like what Operation: Flashpoint Dragon Rising tried to do, but failed rather spectacularly.

In any case, certainly looks like a winner and I'll be following this closely.
    2011 looks like it's going to be a damn expensive year, and I thought last year was bad...
  2. Ritch

Ritch Clanker

I'm not a fan of the Bad Company games. For me, their multiplayer was just way off the Run 'n' Gun of what I love of Modern Warfare 2.

I played Battlefield 2 when I had the PS2, and I thought the campaign was okay. Mind you, I was only a kid and I think I would have been happy even with a potato gun.

I might try Battlefield 3. After seeing a trailer a couple of weeks ago, I think it looks amazing, but I'll definitely rent it first.

Depending on what games are like, I feel too, that 2011 will be an expensive year. What with Homefront, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and now Battlefield 3.
  3. Palahniuk

Palahniuk Swinger

Yep, along with: Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, Deus Ex, L.A Noire, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Flashpoint: Red River (Which I'm hoping will cure the Dragon Rising), Gears Of War 3, Uncharted 3.

And no doubt a fair few of them releasing on the same day, cashing in on the 11/11/11. I think I better start saving now.
  4. Ritch

Ritch Clanker

Seeing as its my birthday on that day, I shall reap cash from everyone and decide what to blow it on! =-D
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals Clanker Reviewer

And once we get Battlefield 3, we can expect an updated Project Reality!
  6. instinct

instinct Clanker

Havn't you heard they have gone with Arma 2?
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals Clanker Reviewer

They've been working on the Arma2 version for ages, but they also told me they were planning a BF3 release as well. That, or I completely misunderstood.

Sent from my X10i, probably from the loo, using Tapatalk.
  8. Harry_Monk

Harry_Monk Clanker

I always thought that but my opinions took a slight stumble last night when I was on a server full of 'epeen fueled', 'gobby' little tw@ts. First time I have come across it to that extent in BC2, lets hope it wasn't a sign of things to come.
  9. Ritch

Ritch Clanker

10. cpt.ic3man

cpt.ic3man Swinger

Battlefield 3 is going 2 b huge. Isnt there going b jet fighters on the online mode.
  11. The_Seagull

The_Seagull Clanker MiA (Donor)

Is it going to be, for want of a better term, a console version of BF2?

I loved BF2 on the PC but was massively disappointed by the Bad Company and the recent MOH multiplayer.
  12. beaty1961

beaty1961 Swinger

I actually enjoyed Bad Company 2 - and moreso BC2: Vietnam - as long as you recognised what they were: a compromise designed to encourage Call of Duty fans to join the 'Battlefield' franchise!

But in any case BC2 was just a stop-gap fixture until the REAL game came out - Battlefield 3!

The only real disappointment will be - unlike recent ArmA add-ons - we won't be able to specifically play British troops and have to make do with playing either 'NATO' or 'MEC' (Anyone play the BF2 add-on 'Euro Force'? - I get the feeling the make up of the NATO force will be something like that with different nationalities playing the different classes....Maybe!).

Sadly, from what I have seen of teh single player teasers the SP game seems to be almost wholly American in it's story line. :(

Still - I can't wait to get back into those huge maps again can you? BC2 was OK, but it did restrict flanking and there were some serious bottlenecks on some of the maps. I used to enjoy tearing about on the big BF2 maps and getting behind the enemy.

On the down side BF3 will see the return of jets. :(

I haven't missed those tw*ts one bit! Unless they have added appropriate shoulder fired AA missles and more powerful AA guns to the game.

BTW - are any of you guys in any of the gaming clans? Would be great to get together on a server at some point!
  13. FourEM

FourEM Clanker

Theres threads with most of the Arrse gamers on kicking about depending on which platform your using
  14. Ritch

Ritch Clanker

'Thunder Run' gameplay from Battlefield 3. Shown at E3 last week.

[video=youtube;9UwOrl036_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A[/video]

Personally, I think I'll rent this, as although the campaign looks fantastic, I'm not a big fan of their multiplayers.
  15. FourEM

FourEM Clanker

That cos you cant fink tactically like :-D