1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

ATR Bassingbourn Chat & Queries

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by swithenbank, Sep 21, 2009.

1. swithenbank

swithenbank Swinger

Passed out friday, Was awsome, Prince Andrew Was there, too be honest i was crappin my self haha, thanks too the trainin team :) 2 week too rest n im off to bordon, stick it and well its the best feeling in the world marching off the square :)
  2. spotondotcom

spotondotcom Crow

waited a year 2 get in the royal engineers n due to start training on 4th oct, went to a mates at the weekend for a leaving do and ended up with 2nd degree burns all over my back as i set my shirt alight on the cooker.. the careers have knocked me back for a year because i need skin grafts, n the worst part is av got to start the whole process again once am fit n well ( selection course ect.) so enjoy yourselfs lads, am gutted, really gutted...
  3. southendgal

southendgal Crow

I'm so sorry for you. i hope you get well and back on track soon.
  4. cavemanmufasa

cavemanmufasa Swinger

Sad to hear it mate, hope you make a full recovery...

On a different note,did my oath the other day given all the details on how to get there etc but I've found some conflicting info, I have 3 different times of arrival one for between 10-2,11-3 and the last I think is 12-4 I think.. Can anyone clear this up for me?? It's for the 4th oct intake invade that actualy makes a difference.

I would ask my careers advisor but it's the weekend :/

Cheers all
  5. Alfay

Alfay Clanker

I think i had to be at royston station by 1300 for pick up, that was May, dont know if its any different now sorry
  6. badbakerboy

badbakerboy Crow

im gonna be there between 10 and 2 cuz thast what it says on atr bassingbourn pre arival instructions on the website so i cant be blamed if its wrong
  7. domuk18

domuk18 Swinger

badbakerboy you got face book im of on 4th aswell
  8. DarrylSnoddy

DarrylSnoddy Swinger

anyone else for the 22nd November?
  9. pablo:)

pablo:) Swinger

is any1 going bassingbourn on 18th october, if so will ya send email. crap atmosphere when you dont know any1 on the 1st day of something! especially basic training :? or just send post back
  10. pablo:)

yeah im off there on 18th. whats ya email? how you doing on ya fitness
  11. pablo:)

what type of stuff excpet running have you been doing for your fitness
  12. gdm.bizkit

gdm.bizkit

Pablo if you PM me your facebook i can put you in touch with a few lads... I've know got to know about 7 guys that are starting Bassingbourn on the 18th Oct!
  13. pablo:)

i aint got facebook mate. the "missus" and all that tripe stoped me having one. :x i think i've got a weakness for others
  14. shane88

shane88 Crow

anyone else going october 26th?
  15. Bronson

Bronson Crow

elo bois, im headin to bassingbourne on the 18th too, (vm), gettin pretty nervous but spose were all in it together!! im harry by the way. look forward to meetin ya both.