ARRSE, The 1939-45 Version. No Spivs Allowed.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sfub, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

Never mind the keys, this is 1940 - where's the fecking starting handle!?

2. Miner

Miner LE

Daily Mail - Inner City Kids Over Running The Countryside. Governement Evacution Blamed.

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That chap Moseley, he's a bit of a card isn't he?

4. stameen_s

stameen_s Old-Salt

Why Eire should/shouldn't be invaded

I've heard you can evade by conscription by getting the Holyhead ferry- is it true and who do I get in touch with?

Americans- Overpaid, oversexed- and over here!

I walk with a limp, only have one eye and a hook for a hand- can I join these new-fangled Parachutists?

5. LordVonHarley

LordVonHarley LE

He likes to dress up in black uniforms, reminds me of my cousin Fritz (except Fritz has a Panzer Tank). I think he gets it from hanging around homosexual actors to much....... lots of woman in the BUF too....... can we have a thread on woman in uniforms?

6. Miner

Miner LE

Something for the RAF- Is The DC10 Overated & Up To The Task?

7. Jorrocks

Jorrocks War Hero

Which is better, Royal Sussex or Royal West Kents?

8. LordVonHarley

LordVonHarley LE

~~Women in Uniform!~~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Neither - the 31st of Foot - the East Surrey Regt - are, of course!

Happy Sobraon Day - today is when we celebrat beating the Sikhs almost a hundred year's ago - and now these same Sikhs are part of our glorious Empire, fighting the Eyeties in Africa, and ready to hold off anyone who threatens the Jewel in the Crown!

The British Empire will last 1,000 years, unlike some upstart ideas of 1,000-year Empires....

10. LordVonHarley

LordVonHarley LE

Can we trust him?
    [​IMG]

11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Shame really when you've been bombed out and Dad was killed early on. But then we were called orphans and the underground stations were great fun at night.

12. Mr_Fingerz

Apparently not, that's why Winston put him in the Scrubs. :D

BTW, that new-fangled sub-machine gun manufactured from stamped metal parts - I believe that it's going to be called the "Sten" - it's never going to work is it?

13. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

Of course not, the fearful sh1t is a bloody Wykehamist.

Talking of Walts there was some Dane or Norwegian in the pub, banging on about fighting the Russians in Finland. Then he started going on about fishing trawlers, one of which he claimed to be the skipper of. What really aroused my suspicions though were his decorations...DSO, DSC, CGM, DSM and Bar! Plus a load of foreign fruit salad. Pull the other one Sven. You would have to do over fifty trips or find the fecking Tirpitz to get that array.

I was just about to outwalt him because he was banging on about the SOE when the Fenian bride dragged me out and demanded I didn't cause a scene, "you're not the only one with Axis shrapnel in your neck".

14. Jorrocks

Jorrocks War Hero

Right chaps, time to put your hands in the pockets of your high waisted flannels and trow a tanner in the charidee tin (yes, one day this will be funny). Wing Cdr Bader of the RAF is doing a sponsored dog fight on Saturday. He´s aiming for donations of half a crown per ME 109 consigned to the grey depths and and ploughed fields of south east England. It´s all in aid of new rehabilitation centre called Headley Court. Only thing is, the locals are kinking up a bit of a stink about planning permission. Give generously, and give Jerry a good kicking Wingco!!

15. Mr_Fingerz

His name wasn't "Vidkun Quisling" was it?

No - obviously not.