Army Work Experience

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bigring, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bigring

bigring Swinger

Search seems to be messed up for the last week or so, decided to ask this here.
    Has anyone done the 5day Army Work Experience? If so any insight as to what it is like?
  2. PrinceAlbert

PrinceAlbert

I had my work experiance with one of the RA LADs in Gutersloh. It was ok.
  3. Smiler_1985

Smiler_1985 LE

When i did my BTEC the course got offered a 5day army work ex trip to the Dale. But that was agessssss ago. Was fun however
  4. nark

nark Old-Salt

Bigring,

The 5 day Army Insight Course is available to all eligible young people. If you are at school or college apply through your Head of Careers.

The 5 day course includes: fitness training, archery, living in the field, navigating, map reading, rock climbing, paintballing, confidence training, firing lazer weapons and an Army Careers Presentation.

Sometimes but not always the following facets are included: Mountain biking, radio communications and visiting an Army Regiment.

The courses are mostly residential and are free of charge. If you require any further info please contact me.
  5. Faustic

Faustic War Hero

I'm going on an infantry insight course in Germany with PWRR in Ocxtober for my work experience, however I did need to arrange something seperate for the second week.

So yes; it can be done.
  6. Ellel

Ellel

Hey I'm really new to all of this and i'm a bit unsure but i'm really interested in doing a 5 day residential course. Do you by any chance know if this could fulfill the criteria for the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award?
    Thankyou
  7. Graa

Graa Old-Salt

Hey, it's worth a try. If you can get the Sergeant to dress it up a bit in his comments I don't see why not.

All the residential project is, is 5 days and 4 nights away from home with people you've never met doing a shared activity - which is exactly what the Army work experience thing is.

And best of all it's free! I spent £500 getting myself onto a Tall Ship for a week sailing in force 8 gales for my residential project (it was worth it though).
  8. Ellel

Ellel

Thankyou for your help.
    i'm definitely going to enquire further :)
    x