Account Problems

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by ArmyNET_Assistance, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ArmyNET provides every serving member of the Army with a full account which allows him or her access to the whole site (less closed communities) and the ability to add up to 5 guests of their chosing.

NEW ACCOUNTS

In order to gain a new account you must a a serving member of the regular or territorial Army and be in possession of the following information:

Surname

Service Number

Date of birth

NI number

Blood Group

A new account can be set up by visiting www.armynet.mod.uk .

GUEST ACCOUNTS

Details on setting up guest accounts can be found in the Help section in ArmyNET.

FURTHER HELP

Problems with setting up an account should be directed to the ArmyNET helpdesk on 02158 482101 or helpdesk@armymail.mod.uk. Individuals that feel that their account creation problems have not been resolved satisfactorily, should PM the author of this message.
  2. AJ-W

AJ-W Old-Salt

ive tried registering my details to open an account but it says im not recognised i have not started my basic yet but i have got my amry number blood group etc

AJ-W
  3. heidtheba

heidtheba LE

That will be because you are not on the system/JPA yet.

Hope you learn how to spell 'Army' before you start basic :wink:
  4. AJ-W

AJ-W Old-Salt

thaks for help and im going to blame the spelling on a broken thumb so thats my excuse and im sticking to it
  5. Countrylad

Countrylad War Hero

I haven't logged on for years tried it the other day and couldn't remember my username or password, had several goes at the security questions but had no joy. What can be done to get me back on?
  6. Tartan_Terrier

Tartan_Terrier LE

How can you forget your username? It's your last four and the first five letters of your surmane.
  7. jboldie

jboldie Old-Salt

How can you forget your username? It's your last four and the first five letters of your surmane.[/quote]

Been using Armynet for several years,went to log on and all of a sudden it doesn't recognise my details in the database-someone please help :frustrated:

Update as at 1510-ish:tried to start a new account and now it tells me that I have already registered-how could it do that if my details weren't on the b****y database?
  8. mcclurg

mcclurg War Hero

Been using Armynet for several years,went to log on and all of a sudden it doesn't recognise my details in the database-someone please help :frustrated:

Update as at 1510-ish:tried to start a new account and now it tells me that I have already registered-how could it do that if my details weren't on the b****y database?[/quote]

I had the same problem last night. Just click on the "I don't know my password or memorable word"
  9. jboldie

jboldie Old-Salt

Many thanks! :cheers:
  10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I have been using armynet for years too, even though I have been out since 2003 after 24 fine outstanding years given to Queen and country
  11. EScotia

EScotia LE Book Reviewer

Why do the army make it blo*dy difficult to do anything with IT :? I now have Logons/passwords for Dii, IGS, James, Unicom, HRMS, Arms etc plus those I use at home.

Now when I go on to Armynet I find the following message:

Change Password

We have introduced Single Sign On. You need to change your password to conform to stricter password policies. You must have minimum of 8 letters, at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter and one number.

Looks like I'm not going back on Armynet then as its one difficult to remember password too many :x
  12. heidtheba

heidtheba LE

I agree mate, I'm in the same boat. But 1 password found out? = world of pain.
  13. Ruckerwocman

Ruckerwocman LE

We have a similar system across the water. Army IT seems to dote on the CAC card system ("SMART" card) Everyone joining the service nowadays is given one of these CAC cards that they use as an ID card. It has all of your pertinent details encoded on it just like a credit card. To access all important DOD networks you have to log on with your CAC card using the workstations with the special cardreaders attached. If you don't have a CAC card you won't have access its that simple. The Army Knowledge On-line web site is supposed to be one of the few that still allow people to log on without a CAC card. As this is a site that is helpful for retirees and veterans because it is chock-a-block with official dope on benefits and pay entitlements it was supposed to be set up to accept log on with passwords as well as encrypted CAC card log-in as the majority of retirees don't have CAC cards. In fact, it doesn't appear to be the case. AKO now requires log in via CAC card only so we retirees are shit out of luck. The IT folks have designed the web site so that retirees can log on with a password, but it's only active for 7 days. After that, you're locked out again. And don't get me started on the hoops you have to jump through to even get to the web site from a private computer outside the Army network. :roll: One would think we're Oliver Twist asking for more gruel ffs :evil:

[​IMG]
  14. jboldie

jboldie Old-Salt

It's happened again-someone PLEASE sort out this woeful website =(
  15. EdwardCoke

EdwardCoke Old-Salt

Army net is poo. The forum is too complicated, the login is a frigging pain. "Locked out for 5 minutes because of too many login attemptes". Nobody uses it for anything more than pay statements, but then you have to remember another set of password AND memorable statement for something you use once a month.

Why is the login different from JPA anyway? It is not as if JPA was hidden behind a bush and decided to surprise Armynet adminstrators from behind.

Don't get me started on JPA login...(cannot have 2 similar letters together, must have this...must have that...FECK OFF!!!)