660 Signal Troop Uplift.

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by TheBrave, Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheBrave

TheBrave Swinger

Referring to the recent Royal Signals information note published in June.

660 signal troop (EOD) are uplifting and require more Rad Ops, C S Ops to become EOD ECM Operators.

Any thoughts from Rad ops, C S ops on this?

What locations are available for these posts?
  2. timebandit

timebandit LE

Due to the nature of the job you need to speak to the RCMO or your CofC not really a good subject to discuss on here
  3. TheBrave

TheBrave Swinger

I was looking more for what the operators think about this opportunity as its mainly a wobbly head post, wondering if there is much interest within units at the moment?
  4. The Bad ass

The Bad ass Clanker

Love that phrase ' wobbly head post'!! Cue Churchill......Oh Yessss!
  5. timebandit

timebandit LE

The opportunity for diverse employment within the Corps is getting less and less so my advice as it is to all my operators is if you don't mind going away Go for It!! It will provide you with a good all arms perspective and the chance to do something that not many people have done.
  6. The Bad ass

The Bad ass Clanker

Who are you to advise exactly?
  7. timebandit

timebandit LE

Someone who is paid to advise CS Operators on their career choices and paths as it is a huge part of my job
  8. The Bad ass

The Bad ass Clanker

Ok not a difficult question, who - are - you - to - advise - exactly? Using the phone is a huge part of my job, but it does not make me a telephonist.
  9. heidtheba

heidtheba LE

Whoever falls under his remit, which are quite a few within a Unit.
  10. timebandit

timebandit LE

You don't need to know who I am - as from most of your posts it seems you are now a civvy?? I could be wrong but with your valued input so far it doesn't seem to be to far from the mark
  11. The Bad ass

The Bad ass Clanker

You appear to be someone who, lets say, forces words together without much thought to what they actually say! Per say a bluffer.... But when you are no longer in the R Sigs, you become a civvy. A concept I would say you would struggle with!
  12. timebandit

timebandit LE

A bluffer really - I have been called a lot of things but never a bluffer never had to....when my time comes to be a civvy which is not far away I will embrace the concept or the reality!!! I certainly won't struggle not in the slightest.

Forcing words together without much thought mmmm......just have a look at all of your posts and you will see you have got yourself off to a tee.
  13. The Bad ass

The Bad ass Clanker

Well we can all look at such posts, and make an individual opinions, mine is made, as is yours, but we both know...dont we!
  14. Alan Partridge

Alan Partridge LE

If you log onto ArmyNet and navigate to the 11 EOD Regt RLC Unit Homepage, the locations are published there.
  15. Alan Partridge

Alan Partridge LE

Wow, thank you for your erudite contribution.....