Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

4/73 (Sphinx) Bty

Ahhh Exercise Sweatysock Stinks or whatever it was called, yes heard about that, I was safely tucked away in a nice warm sigs store cleaning 353's and getting sprogs to make me brews by that stage. Spoke to some lads about that and it didn't sound fun, was there something to do with a Naval exfil at the end or am I think ing of something else ?

on completion of the course you do not have to rebadge to the artillery. you can just do a 2 year attachment if youwant to return to your previous unit. serving member ex inf.

sphinx said:
on completion of the course you do not have to rebadge to the artillery. you can just do a 2 year attachment if youwant to return to your previous unit. serving member ex inf.

Interesting that you say that as there was an RLC punter on my course who passed and had to rebadge, he only stayed in the Battery for a couple of years at most and then moved to 32 still badged RA. However I think he was before the All Arms recruiting move and was a one off as he knew one of the seniors

depends on which era you are in reference to, if recently. my good friend has now left, and lucky for the boys i'm no longer part of the d.s. as i was affectionately loved by the potential candidates when beasting them!x

sphinx said:
depends on which era you are in reference to, if recently. my good friend has now left, and lucky for the boys i'm no longer part of the d.s. as i was affectionately loved by the potential candidates when beasting them!x

yep, thats the nut-job I was referring too!

top bloke :D hope he's gone onto good things

wellyhead said:
Ahhh Exercise Sweatysock Stinks or whatever it was called, yes heard about that, I was safely tucked away in a nice warm sigs store cleaning 353's and getting sprogs to make me brews by that stage. Spoke to some lads about that and it didn't sound fun, was there something to do with a Naval exfil at the end or am I think ing of something else ?

Thats the one. I was in the patrol with The Viper, and we were there for 2 weeks!

Ended in Catterick, after starting in the Galloway Forest. Felt like we walked the entire fekkin way!

Incogneto, yep the weather was 'emotional!' 8O

moving-target-survivor said:
sphinx said:

If he's the one I think you mean he went back home to be the chief guy in the job he was hurt doing.

QRK2 said:
moving-target-survivor said:
sphinx said:

If he's the one I think you mean he went back home to be the chief guy in the job he was hurt doing.

ah, great news... :D ..couldn't think of a better bloke to run it! (the 1974 version wasnt it? :twisted:)