1961 Triumph Tigress 250 for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by brettarider, Aug 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider LE

Triumph Tigress 250e with a few spare parts inc stainless wheel hubs spare wheel and loom and odds&sods also has 2 different style rear racks, floor board extensions, plus a load of original dealer service sheets(1-12) showing how to do certain jobs etc also pitman book and BSA instruction manual . Has been fitted with new michelin dexter tyres and inner tubes. I'm not sure whats wrong with it but I don't think it's anything major a few little dents here and there but a nice ride as is scooter. I'm looking for £700
    Only selling to fund a new scooter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rogermathews

rogermathews

Hello Has the scooter got an MOT and where do you live.
    Thanks Roger

3. Dragstrip

Dragstrip LE

Hey, that's pretty cool. Not my cup of tea but cool nevertheless.

4. Barrie

Barrie

Have you sold the Triumph Tigress?

5. Jaxcs

Jaxcs

Hi Brettarider

I am keen to buy the scooter from you if you still have the scooter please drop me a mail at jasongreen07@hotmail.com

Thanks

6. bigeye

bigeye LE

After nearly 5 years if it hasn't been sold -you'd have to ask why not.

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Parked in alleyway in BR's hometown, I doubt it would be there for 5 hours...... :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. brettarider

brettarider LE

Thats Ok cause it was parked up in Preston when that was taken! Scooter is long gone only needed a new carb.

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Where to ******* start? Triumph is an iconic British motorcycle. In the 60's they noticed puffs were riding scooters. The puffs outnumbered the bikers, even though the bikers were harder and usually won the fights (Quadraphenia is a film. Real life was different). So Triumph decided to build a scooter. Completely ignoring the fact that Lambretta could go like shit off a shovel and Vespa had cornered the market for ******* puffs with RAF decals on their tragic little scooters.

This was a dark time for Triumph and we do not talk of it now.

triumph-thruxton-1.jpg

******* scooters. Get a ******* job.