- 17-03-2011, 19:35 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
Ouch - the forces pensions society confirm your pension is frozen and lost forever
I posed this to the Forces Pensions Society on a different ARRSE link
Living overseas and getting yr pension
Like many, I have already reached the max annual rate for my rank so I cannot be get any more annual increments.
There are lots of others in this situation - all those who remain in a rank for 9 years + (eg passed over Majors & Lt Cols)
Consequently it appears from the FPS that our notional pension increases will be lost this year, next year and we will never recoup this freeze - read below.
As this freeze occurs at the stage when the % uplift most important (2% uplift of as 16 year Cpl pension is rather less than a Lt Col with 9+ years sen). It will cost those affected many thousands over the rest of their life, and that of their dependants.
FROM MY LINK
I understand that those who are in receipt of a Service Pension will have their increase applied at the CPI rather than RPI.
a. Will retired SP receive ANY increase in pensions this year & next if there is a freeze on Armed Forces pay in 2011 & 2012 ?
b. Will those still serving see any uplift of their pensions due to be drawn after retirement if there is a pay freeze in 2011 and 2012 ? For example, 2010 pension rates for a WO1 is 13590 & a tax free lump sum of three times that. If he was due to retire in late 2012 will the current rates still apply or will they be uplifted iaw CPI in 2011 & 2012 ?
This could be a very expensive loss for those approaching the end of long careers when annual increases are more significant on % terms.
Watch & Shoot Watch & Shoot
- By Forces Pension Society in forum Armed Forces Pension SchemeReplies: 62Last Post: 11-08-2013, 23:21
- By mckee674 in forum Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010Replies: 0Last Post: 18-01-2011, 20:06
- By Salford-Vera in forum Royal SignalsReplies: 1Last Post: 25-03-2009, 12:32
- By jack-daniels in forum Current Affairs, News and AnalysisReplies: 2Last Post: 15-12-2008, 23:20
- By whatsup in forum Royal SignalsReplies: 4Last Post: 16-11-2003, 17:45